Monday, August 18, 2008

Banjo Players in Heaven


by Emily Kaitz
When my time on Earth is over, if I should fly
To that sweet home of the angels up above
To all my earthly pleasures I will bid goodbye
But how I'll miss that gospel bluegrass that I love

So gather 'round and raise your blessed voices
And enjoy that gospel bluegrass while you live
It's hard to find a banjo player up in heaven
There's some things even Jesus won't forgive.

There's glorious swells of harps and bells a waitin'
In heaven I'll hear Gabriel's trumpet blow
But somehow I'm reassured to know that Satan
Has lots of work for banjo players down below

Oh it's cruel the way the pearly gates stand open
To a lawyer or an oil executive
But you won't find a banjo player up in heaven
There's some things even Jesus won't forgive

No comments: